X-431 PRO Test: 2010 BMW E-series FRM ( Footwell Module) Coding Instructions
Tested Models: BMW Brilliance 318i, MY2010, VIN=LBVPS3106ASD*****, as well as 320 and X5.
Problem: FRM storage command failed after battery disconnected. The two windows in the front ascend only after descending to the bottom. If not descended to the bottom, the windows cannot ascend.
Notes: The following conditions must be fulfilled before starting the test:
1. Release the clutch pedal if the vehicle equipped with manual transmission.
2. Vehicle is standstill.
3. Apply the parking brake.
4. Shift to neutral position for manual transmission.
5. Shift to parking position for automatic transmission.
1. Select BMW V software.
2. Select “Coding/Program”.
3. Select car model, for example, “3-series” “3’_E90/E91/E92/E93″.
4. Select “Coding”.
5. Select the replaced system.
6. Follow the prompt. Select “Coding system list” in the following interface. If you are interested in the vehicle command, select “Display vehicle order” to check. If your device is Android, click the corresponding option to view the details and learn about your vehicle configurations. “Battery Refit”, located under “Refit”, can be used if necessary.
7. Select the system to be coded, here, we take FRM for example.
8. The software will display vehicle order. Save it or take a screenshot for reference in case of problems. The “Feedback” here does not mean error.
9. Select “Recoding”.
10. Follow the prompt. Attention! Do not miss the steps of turn off ignition and turn on ignition. Otherwise, writing data may fail.
11. Writing vehicle order to FRM system and wait until it prompts “completed”. If error prompted, check whether the conditions are met and whether the FRM is available. For any questions, please send the log to us with a short note, so we can serve you better.