Here’s my personal review on GM Tech2 clone diagnostic scanner with my Saab 2003 9-3. Big thanks to those who help me a lot in the thread.
Saab 2003 9-3
Saab 2004 9-5
the dreaded “alarm randomly going off” issue on my 2003 9-3
to diagnose and/or disable the alarm
Considering the following:
GM Tech2 scanner Features:
Tech2 Diagnostic Scan Tool For GM SAAB OPEL SUZUKI Holden ISUZU With 32 MB Card And TIS2000 Software Carton Package
1) GM software in the Tech II scanner Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
I also have a 2004 9-5. I’m starting tho think that it would be wise to invest in a tech2. as I usually do most of my own repairs.
Is there some other Saab-specific card or software I need on top of this product?
Suggestion from folks:
You will need the TECH2 Scanner and Saab 32MB card (specify when buying clone) listed in the link above. Those two alone should be able to read DTCs, I believe. To get security access and make changes via Tech 2, you will need an older Windows?XP laptop with built in serial port – a newer computer running a virtual machine program & serial to usb adapter should also work – and the Tis2000/GlobalTIS software.
Personal opinion: The GM Scanner Tech 2 in the link you posted is priced a bit higher than most ($349 vs $319). You might want to read back a few pages in this thread for some links to other sellers with better pricing and more sales.
My GM Tech2 scanner hq clone is paid for $246. It is with with a 32MB card and TIS2000 software CD.
Eidt: Tech II review:
Received the parcel today. All are packed well in a box and the machine looks good…. I will try it tomorrow and update here… I should be working good i think.